Thursday 4 October 2012

How It Started...

It was in the late 1980s and beginning 1990s when we were course mates in MARA (Uitm, Shah Alam).  Nothing more than that since we had our own priorities and admirers.  Aza and Munirah, both of you  and others should know better if you read this......

Anyway, last week was different though. Our previous course mate  Zehan, who is now attached to Accounting Faculty called and offered me a part time job. So, last Monday (three days ago) I went to Uitm, Shah Alam  not as a student but as one of the part time teaching staff. Fortunately my sister was willing to guide me to the new faculty and routes. Thank you "kak" for your time. Anyway, those familiar places reminds me of the memories twenty two years ago..... Back to my story,  after completing our Diploma in Accountancy, we pursued our First Degree in South Bank University in London. I never planned to join my other friends there. I had started my Advanced Diploma in MARA and in fact I was in Delima hostel for around ten days. Nevertheless  it was fated that I joined them to London.  There were ten of us but Hanif was the only throne among the nine roses.

It was Sept 1991 when we  left for London.  I was supposed to sit beside  arwah late Zaikha (she passed away in 1997) in the plane but Hanif and her had exchanged sitting and he was beside me instead.  I supposed that was the beginning....



We were very excited to reach Heathrow Airport for the very first time.

Our relationship became serious from time to time. We faced many challenges. There were friends who were happy for us (Jan, thank you for sharing) but there were some who didn't. They created unnecessary stories and rumors and even claimed that we will never make it. It was quite sad.....



After completing my degree I went back to Malaysia in November 1993 but most of them continued their ACCA. Hanif registered his Masters in Leicester.

In December 1993 Hanif''s parents came and that was where everything started. We were engaged in January 1994.  My mom was trying to delay the wedding date to June but he wanted it earlier. My parents,  akak, Ai and relatives were always there to support and made our dream came true. Finally,  it was fated that we ended up tying the knot three months later (31 March 1994).






Now he has gone forever. Alhamdulillah we made it until the end of his fullest life. At the age of 42 years old he left me with our five kids.  We only spent eighteen  years of marriage life. To everyone out there, please cherish your every moment together because things can happen anytime and only Allah knows best. Now I thought that was the reason why he wanted everything to be very fast just because his life was too short.........................





2 comments:

  1. Kzan, u r never far frm my mind. Glad u've started part time lecturing. U r always gd w explaining subjects, am sure the students will benefit...n it'll help heal your sense of loss, insyaallah. Jan now ofis kat ara dmnsara (near subang airport lama) ...maybe we + zehan can get together one day for lunch. Take care n stay strong -jan-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak Zan, alhamdulillah..u've made it :-) congratulations - u're back in school again and this time as a 'teacher' in our beloved Univ - UiTM Shah Alam .. and also thank you for sharing the story of how it all started ... and it reminds me of the day where me and others like Munirah at the Subang Airport to see u and the group depart for UK :-)

    i was in London somewhere July 1997 ( for my bro's graduation Bradford Uni ) i think by that time most of you have gone back to Malaysia ya ...

    ReplyDelete