Sunday 23 September 2012

You went so soon.......

Everytime i close my eyes I see you in front of me
I still can hear your voice calling out my name

You went so soon , you left so soon...
(lyrics from Maher Zain)


Listening to Maher Zain's song reminds me of him. Very little time was spent with us. His passion and dedication towards work and carreer always took his time away from the family. Once I claimed that he was even busier than the minister. To my surprise he shared my grievance with his superior and collegues when they quoted to me in the hospital.

He said to me one day , "Please give me another three years, and I will settle down". It was a relief to hear such a promising confession from him. Nevertheless, Allah knows best. Few months later he passed away and his workplace witnessed his demise, but not us........He went off to work that morning and never returned. Seeing him in the morning getting ready to the office but ended up losing him forever in the evening was like a dream. It was very painful to accept. 

The crowd of people, relatives, friends, representatives from various associations and students who attended that day proved it all.  The beautiful arrangement of flowers, letters of condolesence, phone calls and messages made me realised why he was so much occupied......




No comments:

Post a Comment